In essence, the Michley LSS-505 Lil Sew & Sew sewing machine is among the basic and consequentially very affordable range of devices. From the start, this review should note that customers should not expect to perform complex or multifaceted tasks, but rather save time and money by DIY clothes repairs. Keep in mind that for the simple tasks of stitching a tear in your favourite shirt of pair of pants, tailors will charge quite a lot.
On the other hand, this lightweight machine, which is only about six pounds and measures no more than eleven inches in length and height as well as about five inches in depth, can help anyone save money, regardless on their level of sewing skill. This is an excellent choice for those who are aiming to purchase a portable sewing machine, which they can take along on vacation. Let’s take a closer look at what the array of features incorporated by the Michley Sewing Machine has to offer.
The opinions regarding the size are mixed, as where some see the small dimensions as an advantage in terms of portability, others consider it a setback due to the inability to sew larger or thicker fabrics. However, as this review would like to point out, this sewing machine was never designed with the intention of complex tasks in mind, but rather to be a cheap solution for those who find themselves in need of simple stitching.
The sewing machine contains eight types of predefined stitching models that can be accessed by the intuitively marked buttons, which is the essential ground to why its manufacturer has deemed the model multipurpose. The sewing machine can sew both forwards and backward. You can choose whether you want to operate it via the pedal or switch systems, so no matter what your sewing preferences are, you can order the right sewing machine for your case.
While the controls are quite simple to comprehend, the manufacturer will allow you to learn all the ins and outs via the instructional videos. These videos are of excellent quality and will take users through a complete set of systematic instructions.
You can take a look at the machine from the video below. For more details on its specs, follow this link.
Due to its lightweight design, the Michley LSS-505 Lil Sew & Sew can also use accumulators in addition to the A/C electrical system. Therefore, if you have torn your favourite shirt on the camping trip, you can easily use this portable sewing machine to repair the damage in an instant. At the same time, carrying it around is not a problem, because unlike other mini sewing machines in its category, this model is quite a resilient device.
It can handle any type of small any thin fabric and one of its highpoints is the ability to repair sleeves. However, it is unadvisable to attempt sewing thicker fabrics with it. In addition, thanks to the eight predefined sewing programs, it can even be employed in creating your very own clothes.
Pros & Cons
- Just LOOK at the price!
- It’s an electric machine. You can use batteries or an included adaptor.
- Easy to operate. Everything was designed to be easy to follow, and I thought it was very intuitive and uncomplicated.
- It’s very lightweight and portable.
- The sewing machine comes with a little foot pedal.
- The machine is slightly loud in my opinion.
- More complicated sewing jobs such as button holes and threading are going to be more time consuming due to a lack of automation.
- If you are sewing anything a little heavy, it will likely move around the table because it is very lightweight.
- The needles may break when sewing thicker materials.It doesn’t work on thick fabrics coz it’s not supposed to.
- There are only two available speeds (high/low while autorunning) and no precise speed control as the foot pedal only controls run. But the speeds are workable.
- There seems to be the lack of instructions on the manual that come with this machine, but the videos on YouTube (above) was enough to get them going.
Overall, the Michley LSS-505 is an inexpensive solution to routine sewing needs and should be considered as such. While the capabilities in performing different types of predefined stitching, the dual operation modes and being able to power it via both accumulator or the A/C electrical system recommend it as a versatile device, keep in mind that the Michley LSS-505 Lil Sew & Sew cannot perform sewing on thicker or larger fabrics. However, if you want to know whether the device is worth the money, then the answer is yes, it definitely is. In fact, you will most likely fail to find any other mini-sewing machine that can perform as well as the Michley LSS-505 Lil Sew & Sew come at such an incredibly low cost.